We have moved to Lockhart, TX! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Lindale 008 11" Walnut Banjo
We are extremely proud to announce our brand new partnership with Mr. David Getman, the creator of Lindale banjos. David lives in Houston and took a trip to Lockhart one day to visit our shop and check out some of the banjos we had available. Lucky for us, he happened to bring along one that he had just completed himself for comparison. We were instantly impressed...very impressed. Although David is relatively new to building, his passion and knowledge of banjos is immense. The quality and craftsmanship are on par with instruments from some long time builders that cost thousands more. On top of his eye for precision detail and beautiful work, Mr. Getman himself is a phenomenal banjo player and it comes through in his creations. In our opinion, the tonal qualities of his instruments cross that elusive threshold in which the words "better or worse" lose meaning and only one's personal tastes are the determining factors. Lindale 008 features: · 26 3/16” scale laminated walnut neck with decorative veneer
· Walnut burl headstock and heel cap
· Torrefied ipe fingerboard with walnut binding, walnut fret markers, side dots, evo gold frets, Gotoh tuners, and a frailing scoop
· Laminated 11” rim with walnut inner and outer laminations and a rock maple core
· Walnut rim cap
· Shop made 1/8” x ¾” rolled brass tone ring
· “Rudy rod” dowel stick for ~1/8” adjustability of the neck (loosen the nut between the rim and the tailpiece anchor shoe slightly to shift the neck up or down). Hard oil treated calf skin head, 1-3/8" bone nut. Comes with a hardshell case.